Phenergan — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phenergan

Options
Agnia
Agnia Community member Posts: 924 Connected
Please could you help please could someone who uses these tablets write to me if find it helpful thank you 

Comments

• Agnia
    Options
    i got them now but zopiclone was helping me 
  • Agnia
    Options
    i have really high anxiety i was asking the doctor to give me more tablets zopiclone 
    i cannot sleep at all 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Agnia sorry to hear you're still having sleep issues.  I was given a short term prescription of Phenergan when I was having insomnia and anxiety issues and it definitely helped me to sleep.  It didn't give me the same 'hangover' and weird taste in my mouth that zopiclone gave me.  But it will be different for most people. 

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi thank you Albus 
    i didn’t have weird taste from zopiclone in my mouth 
    the doctor doesn’t want to give me more zopiclone , zopiclone was helping me to sleep 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Maybe the new meds will help you sleep too? :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,404 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Agnia, Medicines can affect different people in different ways depending on their medical needs, but hopefully some of our members might have some experience with it and can share how they got on. 

Have you been prescribed these by your doctor? Did they explain what they were for and how they would help you? 
    Rosie (she/her)

• Agnia
    Options
    it’s makes me more anxious i was just starting to sleep from the help from zopiclone and and was helping me and i got a different now because the doctor said that zopiclone is addictive but im feeling really unwell and it was helping me 
    i don’t drink don’t smoke other things in life can be addictive as well and zopiclone was definitely helping me 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi Rosie yes from the doctor 
    im feeling worse because she doesn’t want to give me more zopiclone 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    That's a shame @Agnia, but I'm sure your doctor has good reasons for not continuing your other drug. This one might work just as well if you give it a shot, and you can always go back to your doctor if it doesn't work out for you :)
    Rosie (she/her)

• Agnia
    Options
    Hi Rosie the doctor said it can cause addiction but it was helping me 
    can zopiclone really make my condition worse than already is ? 
    It was helping me 
    this situation about changing these tablets ( when they are helping me ) makes me really anxious and worse 
  • Agnia
    Options
    im really not happy about it and makes me worse 
    coffe sugar bread alkohol work sex internet and other things can cause addiction as well for people 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    I can understand that it must be very stressful to keep changing @Agnia, it's true that those things can be addicting too. But hopefully your new drug will be helpful as well, it's always worth a try.
    Rosie (she/her)

• Agnia
    Options
    Hi Rosie im really not happy about it because zopiclone was helping me and antidepressant can cause addiction not only zopiclone 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options
    @Agnia Did you manage to tell your doctor how unhappy you are about it when she prescribed the new one? Maybe she'd be able to give you some advice :)
    Rosie (she/her)

• Agnia
    Options
    Yes Rosie i did tell to the doctor about it she said that zopiclone cause addiction 
  • Albus_Scope
    edited April 4
    Options
    Unfortunately zopiclone is pretty addictive, which is why doctors will only prescribe it in small doses. They want to try and get your body and mind into a 'normal' sleep routine with help from the drugs. It's really best not to take zopiclone long term, as it can really muck your sleep up even more if you keep taking them regularly, as your body and mind get so used to them.

Have you tried the new meds yet? I really hope they work well for you. :) 

(of course I am not a doctor, this is just my personal experience.)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi Albus there is something missing in my brain that cause insomnia and other things in my life  are causing insomnia as well 
  • Agnia
    Options
    like chemical imbalance 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,415 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Agnia

I had the exact same experience as Albus with zopiclone they left a terrible taste in my mouth so couldn’t take them. 
    Phenergan were really helpful to me.
    I hope if you give them a chance they will help you.

❤️
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi Lou thank you 
    i didn’t have any bad experience with zopiclone at all
    these tablets were definitely helping me to sleep 
    for me it was really important that they worked for me 
    and that they cause addiction it’s not a problem because many other things in life can cause addiction as well 
    and to change the medication while this medication is helping me is really stressing me causing anxiety and makes me uncomfortable and more unwell 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.