Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Phenergan

Options
13»

Comments

• letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 360 Pioneering
    Options
    Also they give because it’s less addictive and cheaper . 
  • Agnia
    Agnia Community member Posts: 924 Connected
    Options
    i felt definitely better and i slept definitely better after zopiclone 
    zopiclone is a new generation drug doesn’t disturb the sleep structure , improves sleep quality, and feeling after waking up and it had such an effect on me 
    The risk of addiction is greater in people who were addicted to alkohol or other medications 
    i have never been addicted to any medications i don’t drink alkohol at all 
    im really not happy about this situation 

• Agnia
    Options
    Thank you letitbe 
    zopliclone is in the group of drugs such as zolpidem , zaleplon 
    they are a new generation drugs 
    Promethazine is too weak for me and my face is swollen and eyelids etc 
    i really need to get a medicine that will help me and definitely im not getting it currently 

• letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 360 Pioneering
    Options
    Agnia said:
    Thank you letitbe 
    zopliclone is in the group of drugs such as zolpidem , zaleplon 
    they are a new generation drugs 
    Promethazine is too weak for me and my face is swollen and eyelids etc 
    i really need to get a medicine that will help me and definitely im not getting it currently 

If you have side effects from promethazine you def should tell Dr 
  • Agnia
    Options
    ok and im here lonely it’s insurmountable for me to put it all together 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,390 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Agnia said:

The risk of addiction is greater in people who were addicted to alkohol or other medications 

Why do you keep comparing addictions to other things in life to a prescription drug? It's not just the addiction being the reason they won't give it regularly, it's because your body soon gets used to it and then it has less effect. 

Have you spoken to your Doctor? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Agnia
    Options
    i found this information on a psychiatric side  also from people who have knowledge in the field of psychiatry how these drugs work and from people who took these drugs 
    i haven’t slept all night 
    i took one tablet Phenergan which didn’t help at all 
    since 8 am the upstairs neighbor has been using a hammer drill 
    i got prescribed sertraline again even though i reported it earlier  that affects me badly 

• Agnia
    Options
    Hi letitbe thank you for writing here about zopiclone and promethazine and thank you for sharing your experience 
    Hi Rosie thank you for writing here
    yes every body is different
    when i was writing at the beginning of this post “please could you help” i had in mind please could you help me for writing to me about your experience and could you write to me as in normal conversation what people have on the forum and also sharing the knowledge that people have regarding medications resulting from their experience after taking specific drugs and also expand this knowledge themselves studying available professional literature regarding this topic 
    i read a statement and the article recently that internist doctor who was the manager of the clinic said and admitted that it happened more than once that representatives of pharmaceutical companies they tried to corrupt her forcing prescriptions to be written for a specific drug 
    i have really a lot of stress and was  really grateful if anyone wrote to me
  • seny7
    seny7 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Lou67 said:

@Agnia

I had the exact same experience as Albus with zopiclone they left a terrible taste in my mouth so couldn’t take them. 
    Phenergan were really helpful to me.
    I hope if you give them a chance they will help you.

❤️
    yes it does help me sleeping better than zopiclone
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi seny7, thank you for sharing your experience 
  • Agnia
    Options
    when i take one promethazine tablet around 11 pm i fall asleep around 3 am 
    this cause additional stress because im stressed that sleep doesn’t come even after taking the pill 

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there I was prescribed Diaz for many years by my Gp went into hospital and this was taken off me and I was given promethazine it doesn’t work at all I find it isn’t strong enough I don’t bother with it . I have nothing to treat my panic attacks now I have mirtazapine to help me sleep at night that works well for me . 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi cupcake, thank you very much for writing about yourself here and for sharing your experience 
    i have only promethazine now and this drug is like a joke in treating my chronic insomnia 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    They always give it out in mental health hospitals in a joke it never works for any one I know you can buy him from boots over the counter . If you want some thing to help you sleep ask your doctor for mirtazapine that helps me sleep 
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 1,021 Scope online community team
    Options
    Please remember we cannot give medical advice on this community. Please use caution and always speak to your GP.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi cupcake, thank you very much for writing here ,
     i took mirtazapine in the past , unfortunately it didn’t help me sleep at night at all , however it caused a lot of sleepiness during the day , i fell asleep in the morning  and i was waking up at 3 pm or even at 5 pm because i couldn’t wake up earlier 
    zopiclone worked the best for me 
    yes i will ask the doctor again but mirtazapine didn’t help me sleep at night 

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,842 Scope online community team
    Options
    @Agnia again, not medical advice, but could it be worth asking your doctor about mirtazapine again, but maybe taking it in the evening, so the soporific effects kick in at night time? That's helped me in the past. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi Albus , thank you very much for writing here , i really tried taking mirtazapine at different times 
    it really didn’t help me sleep at night 
    only zopiclone helped me 
    had a very positive effect on the quantity and quality of my sleeping 
    i really need stronger medicine than promethazine 
    i would rather be addicted to zopiclone 
    i suffer from a  severe chronic insomnia 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.