Concept wheel chair to help those wiht mobility feedback, are you interested? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Concept wheel chair to help those wiht mobility feedback, are you interested?

Options
Chriizz
Chriizz Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Good afternoon, All,
                               My name is chris i am an engineering student that has a passion to help others. I'm trying to design a wheelchair that offers pretty much total indepdenance to those with mobiltiy differences.

I don't like the idea that those with mobility differences aren't included enough in the enviroment we have. Those who don't have these issues face no dscirmination when trying to traverse public transport netoworks, streets or even places of work.

The idea you see below, is a wheelchair that would be low cost and offers the indepedance people deserve. My idea is to offer confidence back to those who need it the most and help them feel valid and fingers crossed gain eeconomic prosperity!

The idea, looks complex and clunky at this intial stage. But the general concensus is wheel chair that can climb stairs with ease, reducing the need for assitance or having pnaick attacks about going to unkown spaces. The chair also can traverse the gaps from train platforms onto the train it's self reducing the need for booking in advance for help.

In addtion, the chair also has a function that would lift a user to a desired height which reduces the need for adapative kitchen spaces or the continual issue with super markets with high shelving. futhermore, the chair is also fully electric allowing for ease of movement but can also be usedin partial manual mode for exercise reasons and cardiovascular pruposes.

There is the posibility this chair can do rough terrain within reason which is perfect for those days when you want to go to unknown places.

At the moment i'm trying to guage interest if anyone would purchases this naturally with the right price point and that it would genuinley help someone you know or love?

I understand what you see below is a little difficult to envisage, but there has been other companies who have done similar ideas and they're really high cost!

I hope what you see below would be of interest to people, as i would like to continu developing this idea into more than a concept idea.

any feedback would be great, im hoping i've got something that would benfiit the community.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.