Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Brianbaxter2007!

Options
Brianbaxter2007
Brianbaxter2007 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am 60 my husband was arrested 11 years of domestic violence 
I have no family and friends and not spoken or seen anyone for 4 years only the hospital 

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 23,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Brianbaxter2007 Welcome to the Community. Thank you for telling us something about yourself . I am so sorry you are so isolated. Are you able to go out at all even just for a short walk or are you house bound? We are a friendly and supportive forum so have a look around and join in with us. If you have any questions or just want a chat we are here for you. You might like to look in the Coffee Lounge under Categories for other chats that are going on at the moment. Take care.
  • Brianbaxter2007
    Options
    Arthritis stops me going out and can’t walk far 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,891 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Brianbaxter2007, welcome to the community. It sounds like you've been through a lot over the past few years, thank you for sharing your story with us and I'm sorry you're so isolated. Are you safe at home and away from your husband now that he's been arrested?

Are you in touch with any domestic abuse support organisations at all?  There are quite a few charities that might be able to help, but in particular Women's Aid have some support for survivors if you're not already in contact with them.

If you'd feel up to joining some online groups, I know Arthritis Action run regular online events that you might be interested in. It could help you with tips for your arthritis and also perhaps meeting some people who understand what you're going through.

I hope our community can be a place of support and friendship for you too. Lots of members like chatting to each other on our 'How's your day going' discussion if you'd like to join us there :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Brianbaxter2007
    Options
    My sisters place have been in contact but I have no contact with anyone at all now he will be out next week as he only got 30 days and you only do half your sentence looking to move but will be nearly impossible on my own
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,891 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, do you have any support in place for when he gets released? Please don't feel like you have to share, only share what you feel comfortable and safe sharing :)

I'm going to send you an email today, I hope that's okay with you.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Brianbaxter2007
    Options
    I am completely on my own no support 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.