If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP award

Options
P1Paward
P1Paward Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi,
I’ve recently been awarded pip and I called DWP to get information on my decision. They advised the letter was sent on the 3rd and my payments will be the 31st of every month
just a question on my back pay… when she read out the letter she said the back pay will be paid on the 10th… is that a definite or am I likely to be paid sooner as from what I understand the Bacs payment would be made when the letter goes out and in that case I would receive it tomorrow?

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi there @P1Paward and welcome to the community. :)

That's excellent news about your PIP award, congratulations!  It can be up to two months before you receive back pay and it's usually paid separately to the actual monthly PIP money. Though mine was in the bank before the letter arrived, so times can vary. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • P1Paward
    Options
    Hi @Albus_Scope thank you for your response… sorry just to be clear what I mean is that on the letter it says I will receive the back pay on the 10th… but I just wondered if they know that for a fact as I hoped/suspected it might be earlier- I know my regular payment is the 31st and will be 4 weekly
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    It can vary to be fair, the 10th will just be an estimate, but it may be in before then. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it says the 10th in the letter then that's when you will receive it. You will just need to check your bank on that day. 

Your regular PIP payments will not be made on 31st of every month because PIP isn't paid monthly. It's paid 4 weekly, which means that your payment date will always change but the day of the week will always remain the same. For example, If your payment day was a Wednesday and you have a payment on 8th May then your next payment after that would be 5th June. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • P1Paward
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks for your reply- I said in my original message I am aware that it’s 4 weekly didn’t
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    P1Paward said:
    @poppy123456 thanks for your reply- I said in my original message I am aware that it’s 4 weekly didn’t
    Yes you did but you also said your payment date would be 31st of every month but that's not possible because it's paid 4 weekly. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • P1Paward
    Options
    @poppy123456 I then clarified it by saying 4 weekly in my second post so that’ll do no need to reply further, cheers
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.