Are you having technical issues?

Albus_Scope
Albus_Scope Posts: 6,910 Online Community Coordinator
edited May 17 in Coffee lounge
Hey folks,

We've had a few people say they've been having issues with the site this week. We're looking into it, but would like to ask if you've been affected by this at all?  If so, how are you accessing the community?

Is it iPhone, Android, laptop?
Safari, Firefox, Chrome etc?
What are the specific issues you're having?

All information will be very useful for us so we can try to pinpoint what's causing the issues.

And apologies if you've had a hard time posting recently. 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    I'm having a few issues but none are really terminal, just a tiny bit annoying

- threads seem to think there is 1 more post than there actually is. When it says "x new posts" there will actually be x-1 new posts. I think this is confirmed by the fact that when a page is full of posts (20 I think?) there is a new page opened on the thread which is blank, so maybe there is some kind of "phantom" post??

- I have an "options" cogwheel on every thread/post, not just my own, but when I click someone else's there are no options to edit so it seems to think I'm an admin who can edit anyone's posts but then realises I'm not??

- lots of connection/server issues but intermittent and seems fine today
  • 66Mustang
    Sorry should have said this is on Mac - latest operating system and Safari browser
  • Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 417 Empowering
    iPhone 15 Pro Max & iPad Pro(both running 17.5 latest iOS) and using Safari.

internet connection: Ultra Fibre - 1130MBPS connection 

Stuttering on scrolling(only seen on scope page).

Loading errors(grey screen with “unavailable host” that takes several refreshes to fix, one “Site Admin Login page” came up.

Only happens on the Scopes forum page.

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,966 Championing
    66Mustang said:

- I have an "options" cogwheel on every thread/post, not just my own, but when I click someone else's there are no options to edit so it seems to think I'm an admin who can edit anyone's posts but then realises I'm not??
    I have this one as well.  Edge on Windows 11.

Also links along the top of every page to 'Sign In' or 'Join Us' even though I am signed in and able post.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 6,910 Online Community Coordinator
    Thanks folks, every little detail is really helpful. <3 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,640 Championing
    Using Samsung android if that helps 
  • Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 288 Pioneering
    Benefitsandwork.co.uk have been major issues with their comments section this week. It's extremely worrying that you are having issues too. I'm not usually prone to conspiracy theories but it's troubling coincidence that just as the government seeks to attack disabled people to get votes, that we are struggling to put our stories out there...
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,554 Online Community Programme Lead
    Thanks for letting us know @Meg24. As far I'm aware our issues aren't related to the ones Benefits and work are having but it's interesting to know.

Thank you for everyone's feedback so far, if anyone is having any other issues please do let us know and our sincere apologies for the distruption while we work to fix this.
  • 66Mustang
    I'm having a new big issue now that means I can't really use the site much at all...

If I click anything on the interface menu, like the "messages" icon (I had a new message and want to read it), the entire interface disappears and the site becomes pretty unusable

I've attached a before & after pic of before I click on an icon and after

Before...

After...

• Adrian_Scope
    Thanks @66mustang. I'm having the same issue and I know a lot of our regular users have found they are unable to sign in at the moment which is far from ideal. 

We've raised it with our platform provider and are working to fix it as soon as possible. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Afternoon all,

Just wanted to let you know we'll be removing our dark mode setting while the reported issues are further investigated. Apologies for any inconvenience caused!
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,640 Championing
    It's not your phone @ada dark mode is  where you have the darker screen instead of the lighter screen, I prefer dark mode. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    Yes me and it's frustrating. iPhone 15 pro max on safari but doesn't happen on my Mac. It only seems to happen on threads that are a little longer. Loading error received and try to refresh but same error constantly appears. Makes using my phone for longer threads almost impossible.
  • poppy123456
    first time online since this morning, what the heck has happened to the forum? It's changed and absolutely awful! 
  • 66Mustang
    Poppy, I guess they are just playing around with it while trying to fix it, testing out lots of different things

I think my solution is going to be to come back tomorrow and hope it's all better :D:blush:
  • poppy123456
    66Mustang said:
    Poppy, I guess they are just playing around with it while trying to fix it, testing out lots of different things

I think my solution is going to be to come back tomorrow and hope it's all better :D:blush:
    Thanks. I hope you're right because this is terrible. I can't see my PM's, can't see any of my account settings because every time I click on them they disappear. The whole lay out of the forum looks completely different to what it used to look. Curious, does it look different for you to?
  • 66Mustang
    Yeah exactly the same is happening for me

I can get onto my profile by entering the URL into the browser so for me it's 

http://forum.scope.org.uk/profile/66mustang

If you replace 66mustang with poppy123456 it should do the same for you

But ultimately kind of useless as things still disappear when you click on them :(

Hopefully they fix it, trial and error I guess! :blush:
  • poppy123456
    Thank mustang, I appreciate that. At least I know I'm not going crazy.  :D
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi all, while the platform providers work on the issues they’ll be turning on and off different elements and styling of the community. 
    You may notice that lots of elements won’t work or will look very different while they fix the issues.
    The good news is that they are working on it and are hoping to roll out fixes over the course of the evening.
    Fingers crossed that the community should be back to normal by tomorrow.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,940 Championing
    well i havent been able to sign in on my home pc today, on my laptop im signed in i hope its an easy fix, i hope everyone is ok