Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hey, I'm new to this group

Options
FallOutBoyfan99
FallOutBoyfan99 Community member Posts: 9 Listener

I'm Dyspraxic and may be Autistic as well (I've recently been referred to my local Autism service but have been told it will take 3 years to get a diagnosis from them).

I was wondering if anyone feels like I do, I feel jealous of other people's successes and feel the need to compete with them to be on their level. I've always felt like this and it's making my depression worse.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with these feelings? I've tried talking therapy & CBT, but they didn't help me.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,149 Scope online community team
    Options

Heya @FallOutBoyfan99 and welcome to the community. :)

WIth regard to the autism diagnosis, have you looking into Right to Choose? It can knock years off that waiting time!

As for dealing with those feelings, that's a really tough one, as what will work for one, might not work for another. Many people on the spectrum have said that CBT didn't do anything for them, me included, but I found talking about things did help me process it all better, as did writing things down. So hopefully by talking things through here, it may help you a bit?

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.