Hi, my name is zelda_wheelz!

zelda_wheelz
zelda_wheelz Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Comments

• zelda_wheelz

Apologies, I seem to have pressed 'enter' before being able to continue.

I am disabled and neurodivergent, a recent graduate and have just started an internship, which is my first experience of the working world as a disabled person. I am an avid traveller at heart, having travelled to many countries across Europe. I am currently working as an intern in an international hotel group and have taken it upon myself to create a questionnaire to explore ways that hotels could better serve our collective and individual needs in an attempt to make a positive difference in this industry. Would it be appropriate to post the link here, or could anyone point me towards somewhere/someone else who this might be better suited for? Many thanks in advance!

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Heya @zelda_wheelz and a big welcome to the community. 😊

Firstly, congratulations on the graduation and internship, that's amazing news! What're you focusing on now?
    We do allow research requests on the community, but we'd need you to fill in a quick GDPR compliance form, just to make sure everything's above board. I can pop it over to you in a bit if you wanted?

• zelda_wheelz

@Albus_Scope thank you for the very warm welcome, glad to be here!! I graduated in contemporary dance, but my current internship, as above, is a totally different area. Having been to a number of places within Europe (not travelling further afield as yet because travel insurance is a pain), it is really great to learn about what goes into hospitality/hotels. I am not in the DEI sphere but that really piques my interest, and as someone who now has experience of being a hotel guest (some of which have been less than positive due to various access restrictions) and BTS info on the industry, I’m really interested in getting the wider community’s feedback. Going forward, I really want to use my voice for good, just as Sophie Morgan has done + is doing in the air travel industry, for example. Please do send that GDPR form over when you have the time, I’d love to get this out and get some traction ASAP! Thank you!

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Ah that sounds awesome @zelda_wheelz a very worthy cause indeed and a fascinating subject! I'll pop the forms over to you shortly to have a look at. It may also be worth emailing Scope as we're always on the look out for more stories and people to campaign. Here's a link to our research panel to get you started. 😁