LWCRA

Aichok
Aichok Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited August 31 in Universal Credit (UC)

Hi,

thank you everyone for your help and sorry for writing too much , I’m sure I will be repeating myself but please accept my apologies

I’m new here , I’m receiving LWCRA because I have metal illness and disability but still registered as employee, most my appointments are phone calls, recently my store manager texting me on WhatsApp not email asking to talk to me, I don’t talk to anyone due to my PTSD and medication side effects as I’m mostly sleeping, still made appointment to talk to him but he didn’t call me, one week later he called me without appointment as I found his miscall but didn’t call back, before he ask for appointment because of my illness, I sent him an email with my medication etc of everything is done by my career so when texted me he said is the process, my work don’t know that I am on LWCRA , because my pension contributions still on going, he’s making me more stressed by calling me and texting me as not supposed to be like that, I don’t know what to do ? Still receiving sick notes to send it to work , I know I won’t be able to work again as I have many health issues. So I don’t know if I leave the job what will happen to my pension and to my UC etc

Definitely I don’t want to be contacted personally but professionally, I don’t know if I send him an email what to say or if I should or not ??

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator
    edited August 22

Hi @Aichok and welcome to the community.

Please don't apologise, we're here to listen 😊 I've moved your question over to our Universal Credit category where hopefully there will be someone who can offer their help.

• Aichok

Thank you very much Rachel 🙏

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @Aichok. Sorry you haven't received an answer to your question. Did you decide to send the email in the end?

• Aichok

Hi Rachel,

no I haven’t send email which I don’t understand to who ??

• MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 711 Championing

@Aichok Welcome to Scope! I just came across your post and hope the information below will be helpful to you.

Upon receiving your sick note, your employer was informed of your medical condition and the duration for which you are deemed unfit for work. To stop the intrusive phone calls and messages, it is advisable to send an email requesting that all future communications be directed to your email address only.

Clearly state the importance of adhering to this boundary, emphasising that your primary focus is on recovery, which necessitates minimising stress and avoiding work related discussions. You may also wish to mention that you expect this request to be respected as a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act 2010.

Your employer is not entitled to any detailed health information beyond what is stated in your fit note. Questions about your medication during your absence are generally inappropriate and unnecessary. While your employer may request a medical report from your GP, they can only do so with your consent and are required to cover the costs. If you agree to provide the report, you have the right to review it and request any necessary changes with your GP before it is sent to your employer. However, you also have the legal right to refuse this request if you prefer not to share your medical records.

Remember, sick leave is meant for rest and recovery, and safeguarding your privacy is paramount during this time. By addressing this unnecessary intrusion and establishing clear boundaries, you can focus on your recovery without added stress.

• Aichok

thank you so much for all the information, it’s so helpful

Just one more question, if I receive the LWCRA and decide to leave the job as I know my health not suitable to undertake any job even for the future, is that will affect my LWCRA ???

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,056 Championing

No, it will not affect your UC or LCWRA element.

• Aichok

I really appreciate guys your help

Thank you so much