Is Bristol Accessible?

hturner
hturner Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hey!

I'm thinking about moving to Bristol for a degree I want to pursue, but I have fibro and use a walking stick. Can anyone who lives in Bristol with mobility issues give me any advice? Particularly about the hills which I really noticed when I visited 😅

Hannah

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @hturner and welcome to the community!

I've never visited Bristol but I did find this https://www.accessable.co.uk/bristol-city-council which may be of some help. Hopefully there's someone here who knows Bristol and can help you. Do you mind me asking what the degree is? Exciting times!

• hturner
    hturner Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi Rachel — thanks for the welcome and sharing that link! I'll check it out!

My main concern is uneven ground and the strain of walking up/down hills rather than a particular place because it was pretty tricky when I visited :)

It'd be a masters in Classics! Bristol have the expert for how classics is used in video games (a bit of a niche one) so that's why it has to be there.

Hannah (she/her)

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

Well that sounds incredibly interesting @hturner! I love video games and now I think I'll go down a rabbit hole of how classics are used in them.

It might be best to go and visit again if you can. Have a look where you'd be living and studying. I live in Yorkshire in a very hilly village and it's a nightmare walking around. There aren't many paths either! I hope you find that it's accessible for you as I need to know more about this degree 😂