Hi, my name is bobby1986! when will LCWRA show in statements?

bobby1986
bobby1986 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited September 6 in Universal Credit (UC)

I send in first medical certificate 22nd March 2024 I got awarded LCWRA on the 8th Aug 2024 when will it show in statements as it has not this month. Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

More information is needed before I can advise.

1/ Were there any gaps in your fit notes, up until the decision was made?

2/ What date do you usually receive your money each month?

• bobby1986

hi there no gaps in fit notes I had the medical assessment and they sent a letter dated 8th of August to say I was found to be LCWRA I sent fit notes every 4 weeks all within date from 22nd of March. I received money yesterday so get it every 23rd of month.

• poppy123456

Your waiting period will be April/May, May/June, June/July.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 17th July to 16th August and first payment will be 23rd August.

This is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim.

If no partner is receiving this element, can I please just check that it was the 22nd March you actually provided your first fit note and that wasn't the date on the fit note itself?

It's the date you provided it that counts, not the date on it.

• bobby1986

that’s correct no gaps from the 22nd of mark got letter dated 8th of August stating I am receiving LCWRA and got payment yesterday but only normal amount and nothing has changed on payment statements

Thank you for replying

• poppy123456

Thank you. Then it should have been this month. Put a message onto your journal under the payment section and tell them the LCWRA element wasn't included in this months statement and it should have been.

• bobby1986

thank you for helping hopefully they got back in touch

• bobby1986

they replied and stated it would not be updated till November as it takes 3 months. I’m still rather confused

• poppy123456

The request the Mandatory Reconsideration on the decision not to pay it from assessment period 17th July to 16th August.

Tell them the date you provided your first fit note and there were no gaps. Also remind them that the waiting period starts from when you provided your first fit note.

• bobby1986

thank you for responding I will do this and hopefully get a response u did assume that was a long time from March to not get anything show till November.
    many thanks

• bobby1986

thank you for helping me