Government changes do benefits article

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,084 Championing

With all due respect, this is newspaper. I haven't seen anything official about any changes coming from September.

• LIVEDANDLEARNED
    LIVEDANDLEARNED Community member Posts: 88 Empowering

The word ‘do’ was a typo in the headline and I couldn’t edit it, but yes it’s an article by the independent, may be interesting for some to read.

• JonnycJonny
    JonnycJonny Scope Member Posts: 167 Empowering

The article in the Independent contains inaccuracies.

There has been no announcement from the new government about a 'single health assessment' for PIP and ESA / LCW / LCWRA .

PIP is for the extra costs of living with a disability or chronic ill health the others are 'out of work' benefits linked to Universal Credit. In the case of ESA, it is deducted in full from any UC claim.

The only truth, as I understand it, is that soon there will be only one assessment provider for both PIP and 'out of work' assessments in each region - as the contracts of the former providers expire.

Presumably, data will be carried over to the new assessors to allow for continuity and the avoidance of document duplication.

Autumn statements from the DWP, Liz Kendall et al will no doubt shed more light or shade on all this.

Best wishes