Hi I’m infoready24, I’d like help with LCWRA if possible please

infoready24
infoready24 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited September 6 in Universal Credit (UC)

hey I’m looking for information on my situation with LCW and the migration to LCWRA.

background is

Signed off month to month——

September signed off again 2023

October signed off 

November 14th-medical team referral 

Dec - another fit note sent 

Jan 2024 another fit note 

February fit note 

28th February 2024 granted LCW

March fit note 

May fit note 

MAY 23rd-Referred for review on LCW FOR LCWRA

(July asked about LCWRA)

September 2nd 2024 granted LCWRA 2023 

nothing is shown on my uc account for any of this apart from my letters and comments with the journal.

It’s been so long back and forth. Basically I’m wondering do I get a back payment…

My statement is due 9th and payments each month from UC is 14th.

I keep asking my journal for help but no luck.

If anyone could explain please (help) in the simplest of ways I’d really appreciate it.
Tia

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing
    edited September 6

Seems like you reported changes to your health condition not long after you had the first decision in February 2024, is that correct?

If so then the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which you reported those changes after the first decision was made.

If you had challenged the first decision that was made in Feb 2024 by requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) as a first stage, then it would have been from when you provided your first fit note last year. (minus the 3 full assessment period waiting time)

You need to check your next statement to see if the LCWRA element is included. Money owed will be paid as a separate payment and can often take quite a few weeks to pay it.

• infoready24

thank-you Poppy123456

so I did challenge the MR but unfortunately it was after the 30 days.
    so I have been on LCW for a while and this hasn’t shown any payments or that I even have this on my statement.

So no confirmation of extra money no confirmation that I even receive LCW.

not sure where this leaves me. I receive my new statement on the 9th and this will show me if I have received a form of payment.

am I right in saying I do not have to wait a 3month period… as I’m already on LCW and just moving over to LCWRA..

Also should I of had to wait a 3 month period for the LCW? If so this is clearly over this time frame and still no payment for LCW.

Im so confused with this.
    I just want to know where I stand because I feel cheated over how long I have had to wait and fight for LCWRA.

Thanks so much for your help!
    KR,

• poppy123456

No problem. There’s no extra money when you have LCW. The extra money only applies for LCWRA.

I didn’t matter that you challenged the MR decision after 30 days because you have 13 months to do that. I’m assuming the MR decision remained the same?

When the first decision was made back in Feb 2024 you wouldn’t have needed to continue to provide fit notes. So I’m confused why they continued to accept those.

Did you report a worsening of condition or a new condition after the first decision was made?

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Heya @infoready24 and welcome to the community.

I don't want to get in the way as I can see Poppy is already helping you. I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello. 😊

• infoready24

thanks poppy123456 for your response.

Yes iam sure I reported my situation as a have also continuously made notes on my journal of my worsening condition going forward from feb 2023.

I’m unsure if they do not see it as my whole case that I will have no choice but to take it further.

Since February to now my health condition deteriorated so bad. I’ve had medication changed and had extra mental health evaluations.

I do hope this is the end and that I will receive the best result for my case.

If they do owe me back pay will it be from February or only from when they sent me another appointment for the LCWRA ?

• infoready24

hey @Albus_Scope thanks so much for saying hi!
    I’m recing a great help with @poppy123456.

Have a lovely day :)

• poppy123456

I can't see that it would be from February 2024 because that was the month you received the decision on your first WCA.

It's a difficult one because your fit notes didn't stop after that decision was made and they should have. Usually the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which you reported the changes, which for you will be after the decision was made on the first WCA.

• infoready24

hi @poppy123456

I just had another look though my uc. Yes I continued to send the fit notes nothing was mentioned to me about not sending these.. also I did do a change of health in the march.

so I’m guessing from what you mentioned I could possibly be owed a backdated payment from march to now?

Thanks so much for your help

• infoready24

hi @poppy123456

So I have just checked my statement and yes today my LCWRA is visible on my payments with today marking the first payment of £416.19

Does this mean I am due some back pay and if so how does this work please? Should I contact dwp or uc and ask…

TIA ,

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @infoready24 good news on the LCWRA being visible now!
    I'm not 100% sure if you'll receive back pay or not to be totally honest, I'm still figuring my way around the minefield of Universal credit. It may be best to contact the DWP to ask.