Hi, my name is rosenove!

rosenove
rosenove Community member Posts: 7 Listener

Hi everyone I've had to set up a new account here as having issues with my previous email address andjust need some advice on UC MIGRATION FROM ESA CONTRIBUTION BASED SUPPORT GROUP WITH IR TOP UP.

I am awaiting the migration notice and by all accounts should receive it 'in the autumn', however I'm going to be having major surgery next month so wanted some advice and to clear things up.

I'm entitled/due to have an increase in money by changing over to UC from the ir top up,(OBVIOUSLY KEEPING CB BASED ESA) will that increase happen or will they just pay me the same as I'm on atm ?

It's Been years since I was assessed .... Will I need to be reassessed or provide a 'fit note' to migrate ?

My impression was that if you are in the support group, you automatically go into LCWRA, however a few posts over on 'benefits and work' have left me confused over this . Can anyone clarify ?

Once I have migrated over to UC LCWRA, will I have to 'engage' with 'work coaches', because I thought it was the same as the support group and that you weren't/aren't contacted or pressured by the job centre...again I've been left in doubt by posts over on benefits and work ...can someone clarify this for aswell please ?

I'm so unwell, have numerous auto immune diseases that are progressive, I'm having major surgery and would just like some clarification because im so very anxious and worried as all this UC MIGRATION WILL PROBABLY BE HAPPENING DURING A TIME WHERE I WILL BE TRYING TO HEAL UP ETC.

WOULD LOVE SOME CONCRETE ADVICE BEFORE GOING INTO HOSPITAL.

Sorry about the long post.

Any answers or info/advice will be so appreciated.

Kind regards

Rose.x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,084 Championing

No one knows exactly when the migration letter will be posted through the letter box.

As you're in the Support Group you'll be entitled to the LCWRA element from the start of your claim. It's the same as the Support Group so you won't have to look for work or prepare to work.

You will not need another assessment and will not need to provide any fit notes.

Your Income Related ESA will continue for 2 weeks and then stop. CB ESA will continue as a normal but be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.

You won't be worse off when you migrate across because if your UC entitlement is less than your ESA then you'll receive Transitional Protection to make up the difference.

If your ESA doesn't include the Severe disability Premium then LCWRA for UC pays more than ESA Support Group.

• rosenove
    rosenove Community member Posts: 7 Listener

Thankyou so very much for taking the time to answer this for me Poppy.

I did also post in the uc forum so apologies for that.

I really appreciate this, you have been such a great help this evening.

Kind regards

Rose. X

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Heya @rosenove and welcome back!

If you're having problems signing in to your old account, if you drop us a mail at Community@scope.org.uk and we can try and sort things for you. 😊

• Jemima_Scope
    Jemima_Scope Scope Family Services Posts: 16 Family Services

Hi @rosenove

So glad you've reached out, welcome back :)

Jemima,

Family Adviser Scope