LCWRA backdated

wbooney
wbooney Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited September 11 in Universal Credit (UC)

Hi,

I was awarded LCWRA on 29th August 2024. I have 4 consecutive sick notes dating from OCT 2023 to SEP 2024. I also have sick notes dating back a long time before this but there are gaps between them.

There are a few issues on my journal which I would like to know if they will affect the outcome of a back payment.

I was asked twice to report a health change on my journal. Once back in NOV 7th 2023 which was effective from OCT 24th 2023. The same start date of my first fit note.

The second health change was reported on 15th MAY 2024. Effective from 17th APR 2024. The same start date of my last fit note. This health change was what triggered an agent to send me the UC50 form to apply for LCWRA. That was on 17th JUNE 2024

Another issue that I see is I have many fit note expiry reminders and final reminders on my journal. To which I was given this notice on my journal on 14th MAY 2024.

“You have not provided a new fit note. This means you will now be treated as capable for work.If you have an appointment for a Work Capability Assessment (health assessment) booked, it has now been cancelled and you should not attend.”

Please not that on 14th MAY 2024 I had not yet been sent a UC50 form. I did reply to this notice same day and furthermore provided a new fit note a day later on the 15th which then triggered the UC50 form.

My question is will any of the above issues effect the likelihood of my entitlement to the LCWRA being backdated to my original fit note of OCT 2023.

Thank you in advance for your time

Wayne

Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Hi there @wbooney and welcome to the community!

I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer for you as it's a very unusual situation there and LCWRA is confusing at the best of times. Though I know a WCA should be triggered after you report ill health and there's an assessment period of 3 months.

I'm hoping someone will be able to give you a firm answer on this soon, I just wanted to stop in and say a quick hello. 😊

• wbooney

Thank you Albus for your honest comments. Yes I have searched the internet to answer my particular questions and cannot find much info. Hopefully someone will be able to advise

• wbooney

Hoping a new comment will boost this to the top again

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,330 Championing

Why were you asked to report a change on 15th May @wbooney?? It sounds like there were gaps in your fit notes or you didn't share them with UC regularly from october to may, is that right? Can you see on your journal where you submitted them and the dates?

• wbooney

On the 1st of May I was given a final reminder for fit note expiry. I then didn’t provide a fit note and was then sent this message on the 14th of May.

“You have not provided a new fit note. This means you will now be treated as capable for work. If you have an appointment for a Work Capability Assessment (health assessment) booked, it has now been cancelled and you should not attend.”

I then reported a health change and provided a new fit note on the 15th of May which my work coach replied with a thank you.

The next entries on my journal are 17th of June. “We need to know more about your health condition” followed by a notification that I have been sent the UC50 form in the post.

I have checked all of my fit notes from Oct 2023 to May 2024 and then to Sep 2023 and there are no gaps between them

• wbooney

I have checked all of my fit notes from Oct 2023 to May 2024 and then to Sep 2024* and there are no gaps between them

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,330 Championing

Sadly I think that gap in May where you didn't provide it to UC might screw you over with the back date @wbooney 😓 You could try and appeal if they do only go back to May, especially if the fit notes actually cover all dates and it was just your reporting that was the issue

• wbooney

Thank you for your answer Biblioklept. I do also believe the failure to provide a fit note in time might well screw me over.

I have also read online that I can possibly ask for a mandatory reconsideration if this is the case.

Please can anyone with knowledge let me know if in my case it would be worth asking for a MR?

• Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 543 Empowering

Always worth asking for a MR, you have absolutely nothing to lose.