Hi, my name is smith565! When will I receive my first LCWRA payment?

smith565
smith565 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited 14:38 in Universal Credit (UC)

Hello

I have recently been awarded the LCWRA element. I've been trying to decide when the first payment might be expected, but have not been able to figure it out.

My fit note covered the period from 25th June to 24th September 2024 and a received the decision letter awarding LCWRA on the 12th September. Does anyone know when I might receive the payment?

Thank you for your help

Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Hey there @smith565 and welcome to the community!

Congratulations on the LCWRA award, that must be a big weight off your mind?

The payment is a bit of an odd one, as it'll be 3 payment cycles from when you handed in the first fit note, then you'll get the element paid from the 4th payment cycle.
    Were there any gaps in the fit notes and which date is your usual payment? That'll help us work it out. 😊

• smith565

Hello

Thank you. Yes it is a bit of a relief, although I really hope I wont need it for long, just while I get back on my feet.

No the fit note was for 3 consecutive months without interruption starting from the date in June I provided. The usual payment date for universal credit is apparently the 24th of the month.

Thanks again for your help

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Ok no problem! So the fit note will have kicked in from the following payment cycle as you will have just missed the previous one. It should be Jun/July, Jul/Aug, Aug/Sept. So I believe you should get your first LCWRA element payment on the following payment date. I believe that's right?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

More information is needed to be able to advise correctly.

1/ What date exactly did you provide your first fit note? (not the date on the fit note itself) please look back at your journal to check the date.

2/ what date do you usually receive your money each month?

• smith565

Hello

Thanks for getting in touch

According to my journal it says the following under the heading 'provide fit note completed' - Wednesday 3 July 2024 4:24pm

This fit note was for 3 months

I usually receive universal credit payment on the 24th of the month

Kind regards

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

Thank you. That means your waiting period is as follows..

July/Aug, Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct… LCWRA starts from assessment period 18th Oct to 17th Nov and first payment will be 24th November. No LCWRA element is owed because it's not paid at all during the waiting period.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you provided your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you will be owed some money from that.

• smith565

Thank you so much for your help. I'd not have been able to figure that out myself.

Kind regards