Cerebral Palsy
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Older person with cerebral palsy

chocolateheart1chocolateheart1 Member Posts: 13
edited May 2016 in Cerebral Palsy
Hello, I would like to ask some questions about older person with cerebral palsy.I have cerebral palsy and I will be soon 56 and i would like to get some advise.I went to see my GP as I am getting a lot of water in my mouth and I don't like this.And when eating the water becomes a real pain.I keep swallowing, but this gives me a lot of wind and heartburn. The GP said I should see the speech therapist. I can swallow OK.I think if there's a pill to dry the water up. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with advise, if you have or have had the same problem or you know someone with the same problem. Thank you!


  • Catherine12Catherine12 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, not sure I have the answer but my 4 year old drools a lot and in order to dry up the excess saliva the doctor recommended Scopoderm. It is a little patch that is placed behind the ear and treats motion sickness, a dry mouth is one of the side effects. Hope that helps.
Sign in or join us to comment.