Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
clothing or techniques to assist with toiletting.
I am looking for suggestions that could help with managing clothing after toileting. I am working with a young person who has CP. They can lower their clothing and transfer from their wheelchair to toilet, but have difficulty transferring back and pulling up clothing, at the same time: as they are holding onto rails to support their balance and can't let go to pull up their clothing. I have looked at things like elasticated braces and elasticated waists but no success so far. Does anyone have any suggestions or techniques or equipment that we could consider, please?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.