Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Jet75!
I am Shaun, I'm 39 years old and I live on my own in a flat in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset. I don't have a girlfriend but I do have a lovely pet called Jet, hence my nickname for the site, and two goldfish, Milo and Stitch! I used to work as a Fundraiser for Crossroads Care North Somerset but due to progressive disability I had to eventually give in to my body telling me it was too much! So I now try and do as much as my body will allow from home and in the community. My mum, dad, two sisters and you nephew all live fairly close by. You might say too close, because they are a bit overprotective of me which can be suffocating. I would like to say I am a friendly guy still with plenty to offer. I enjoy swimming, meeting people for coffee and a chat, doing anything that taxes my brain. I am very adventurous although I rarely get chances to practice this side of me. I have strong views on how disabled and able bodied should interact and accept each other and not make an issue of it.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.