Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is ShirleyMason!

ShirleyMasonShirleyMason Member Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in Welcomes and introductions
Hi. My name is Shirley. I am 54 years old, married with 3 children. I have CP. I also have pets.
I was brought up by my parents to live in an abled persons society. As the family believed although I had " silly legs " there was nothing wrong with my brain !
I have lead a very normal life, although I have struggled all my life with the physical pain, barriers in all sorts of ways along life's path. Having the love and support from my family and friends.. I consider myself very fortunate to had this bond as it shaped me to the person I am today !.
I felt the need to join this site as I have never joined any group before. Hoping to make friends. I read through some of the posts and it made me feel very humble. I identify with so much of what is said and the positivity .
Best Wishes

Replies

• NoahNoah Member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    Hi Shirley,

Welcome to the Scope online community, It sounds like you have a lot of experience of living with CP. I look forward to reading some of your stories.

Feel free to ask any questions, between all us we have a lot to all share that can help.

Kind regards

Noah
Sign in or join us to comment.