Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Overcoming loneliness - request for a parent/carer for magazine article
I'm a freelance writer with personal experience of disability, I also have a disabled child.
I am writing an article for Motability Lifestyle magazine about overcoming loneliness - which is not necessarily about being alone but more about not feeling 'connected'.
I'd like to include a few lines from a parent/carer who has experienced loneliness who has taken steps, e.g. using this forum, to reconnect with others who understand their experience.
I am trying to put the article together by the beginning of May so if you could e mail me asap that would be great.
If you feel you can help it would be great to hear from you, please contact the community team here at Scope:
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 941 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.