Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Cerebral palsy and a cancer diagnosis
Hi, I have athetoid cerebral palsy and was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year - huge shock as I felt fine. My treatment is complicated by my disability as I can't keep still so when I recently had 3 weeks of radiotherapy, I had to also have a general anaesthetic every day. The NHS staff have been great and I've got good support but I wondered if anyone else out there with CP has also been treated for cancer?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 926 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.