Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is NatzG20!
Hey, I am a mum of 3, two daughters and one son who was recently diagnosed with severe PVL as it is on both sides of the brain. My son is a twin but his sister shows no signs. They are now 5 months (2 corrected) and growing well, however ethan is starting to show signs of stiffness in his arms and legs and cries a awful lot as he is never settled. I was devastated at his diagnoses which i got pretty early on around 4 weeks old as they were NICU and had constant brain scans. He is my world but i just don't know what to expect, is my son disabled? Will he ever walk, talk and learn like his sisters? What can i do to help...the questions keep going on and i don't know where to start. Natalie xxx
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.