Would an education psychology report aid our appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Would an education psychology report aid our appeal?

gardina Member Posts: 2
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hello my name is Hannah and I'm an educational psychologist.


  • gardina
    gardina Member Posts: 2
    Hi Hannah wonder if you can help me to cut long story very short my son is 10 in year 6 so due to go to secondary school in September , although I've known things were not right for years it was only in January this year he was diagnosed with dyspraxia and dyslexia , his targets are very low at school and he has made no progress at all in last 2 years , most of his attainments are that of child half his age he also has behaviour problems. It was decided on advice from consultant at developmental centre that the school apply for ehpc so that from September he will then get all the support needed . he has also been disallowed from the SATs as they would be non gradeable.so we had many meetings and the ehpc was requested. I have just been advised by my local authority they will not be assessing bobby for this as they feel he is making sufficient progress , I am at a loss as to how they have come to this conclusion , I am now in process of arranging mediation and I will appeal if I need to. My question is would a education phycology report aid thus appeal , would it make a huge difference. I am sure the consultant asked the senco officer to do one but she did not and says the school do not have recourses to do one so if this really will be the icebreaker although we can not really afford a private one I will do it. Are you able to confirm what they cost and how do I arrange and do you think it will make an impact. Any advice or help would be appreciated.   Thank you 
  • EducationalPsychologist
    EducationalPsychologist Member Posts: 119 Courageous
    Hello Gardina,
    An educational psychology report can be helpful in clearly identifying a child's strengths, difficulties and support they need. EP reports can be used as evidence at tribunals. An assessment and report costs £700-1000 and there are additional fees for attending tribunals as a witness. The website www.ipsea.org.uk has lots of useful information. 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.