Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, this is DoveStone!
We're a fabulous RSPB nature reserve in the Peak District. As well as giving nature a home, we want people to come out here, spend time with friends and families and enjoy the wonderful wildlife and scenery around them. It's really important to us that everybody has access to wild and natural places, but that means making the environment accessible. We've done a lot of work already, doing stuff like making paths and tracks better and working with local groups of wheelchair users and even developing new off road and hand pedalled wheelchairs with others. We've been featured on BBC Countryfile, who filmed with us and showed all of this going on. We're now wanting to work on another part of our reserve, called Binn Green. For this to become a reality though, we need to raise some more money. Some helpful people from Scope, when we asked, suggested that we post a bit about what we're planning to do, here, on your Community pages. The best way to understand our plans is to let Roy, our Area Manager, show you himself in the video he recorded for our Crowd Funder page. Here's the link to it. It would be wonderful if you could watch it, share it with anybody who you think might be interested and hopefully even donate to it http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/access-for-all-at-dove-stone?tk=1db1cd57a0f7b45cd7224bb0f1bbc262f7dd7d5d
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.