What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


hi i am new to group i have just been awarded standard living pip and enhanced mobility i am now on jsa as atos said i could work last year now i have been awarded standard livingi am hoping to go on esa my partner has now put in for carers allowance but i am wondering if i will be put in the work group of esa as i need help with toilet and basic things that my partner helps me with and if i had to take a job i would be so humiliated for a stranger to have to pull my pants up just wondering if anyone has any advice i have worked all my life as a chef which through my lower body disability i can no longer do thanks for reading 


  • AlexAlex Scope Posts: 1,324 Pioneering
    Hi @butter1962,

    Hope you're having a good day! Welcome to the community. I hope you find it useful.

    I've moved your post into our benefit advisor area - as they might be able to help you with your query. 

  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi @butter1962

    You appear to have some options here but it depends on your partner's circumstances. Are you claiming JSA as a single person or do you claim for your partner as well? Does your partner work?

    If your partner claimed income support as a carer and included you in the claim as part of a couple you would receive more money than you would initially if you were to claim ESA as a couple. This would change if you were later placed in the support group of ESA but that can be a difficult outcome to achieve.

    Please post back on here and we will advise you further.

    Best wishes


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.