Want to try sports in the Plymouth area?
Argyle Community Trust, the charitable arm of Plymouth Argyle Football Club, has recently got in touch with us to share some of their opportunities for disabled people in and around Plymouth.
They say that they have, “an ever-growing disability remit available to all people with any condition or impairment.” This includes a variety of disability sports sessions, including:
Football – ‘Ability Counts’ Adults and Juniors – Plymouth Argyle FC’s official disability football team. Sign up for training and monthly tournaments.
Tuesdays - Juniors 5:30-6:30pm, Adults 7:30 - 8:30pm at Lipson Cooperative Academy PL4 7PG
Multi-sports – ‘Active Argyle’ - Take part in a number of different sports in a fun environment, including table tennis and football. Open to any disabled person over the age of 14.
Thursdays – 4:45-6:00pm at Home Park, PL2 3DQ
Multi-sports – ‘Positive Pilgrims’ – Open to all persons with a mental health condition, this club features a variety of fun sports, including football and table tennis.
Fridays – 1:45-3:00pm at Home Park, PL2 3DQ
Downs Syndrome Football Programme – Fun monthly football sessions (£2 a session) for anyone with downs syndrome.
One Saturday a month, 10-11am.
For more information about any of these, get in touch with Josh Grant (Health and Disability officer) on 01752 562561, or email [email protected]
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments