What are people's experiences of switching from DLA to PIP? - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What are people's experiences of switching from DLA to PIP?

Options

Comments

• jenniej
    jenniej Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Awwwww Julie I really feel for you I don’t think we can read much into our f2f anything can happen keep positive
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    maggie54 said:
    Hi my husband was on high rate DLA for care and mobility since he went on pip he gets enhanced mobility and standard care we asked them to look at it again and we had a letter on Friday saying there decision stands we are hopping to appeal but they say he could lose what he already gets his disability is worse now than it was before he is never going to get any better but the people at pip don't care 
    when we are threatened by saying we could lose all if we appeal..we are terrified to appeal...they win!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Don't be afraid to appeal.  If it's in person and tribunal are minded to reduce what you already have, judge will give you an opportunity to withdraw your appeal and keep your current award.

• jenniej
    Options
    Hi all had my f2f on 24 July have received a letter today to say that they have all the information they need so does anyone know how much longer before a decision 
  • JulieTuesday
    JulieTuesday Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Options
    Hi Jennei, I don't know the answer but have seen others post similar and they say around one week. One lady looked at her bank account and found the next day her money had gone in! I do hope it's a positive please let us know.  I am still waiting for my letter after my F2F, only been 3 weeks now, so a long way to go.
  • Harp
    Harp Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    So far short with stress in the middle. The first assessment should had been in the middle of Birmingham at rush hour time but was cancelled less an hour of the assessment. Then I had home assessment. I had the letter to say they got all the information and that's it so far. 

Oh I did get £25 of good will gesture to the first assessment being cancelled at the last moment
    https://www.facebook.com/1Voice.Vision.of.the.heart/
    Everyone has the right to have a say in what ever method they use

• JulieTuesday
    Options
    Hi Harp, what was the time scale between your F2F and getting the letter please? seems to me a waste of time sending out a letter to say they have all the information they need to proceed, surely they would say no there and then if you were not getting any help. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're right, it is a waste of time and paper sending those "we have all the information" letters. They don't mean anything and a decision can still be several weeks after. They can't tell you what the decision is until it's been made and having all the information doesn't mean a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Harp
    Harp Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Harp, what was the time scale between your F2F and getting the letter please? seems to me a waste of time sending out a letter to say they have all the information they need to proceed, surely they would say no there and then if you were not getting any help. 
    It was about 4 weeks after the assessment I got  the letter but I had text message w weeks before that to say they got all of the information . I don't why and baffles me why there was 2 weeks between the text and letter
    https://www.facebook.com/1Voice.Vision.of.the.heart/
    Everyone has the right to have a say in what ever method they use

• jenniej
    Options
    Ty Julie will let you know how I go 
  • JulieTuesday
    Options
    Hi Julie, just to say my brown envelope came this morning, dreading it, it wasn't to tell me about they have all the information but to say I had been awarded Pip on both at the lower level, same as on DLA so no change but better off than on DLA. So although a very stressful process and i felt i completely messed it up as i rambled on and on, but the lady who came out to me was on the ball as she had marked me down very accurately in all descriptors. It must be a stressful job for her and not one I'd like to do. I am pleased and am happy to get that. I wish you much luck Julie mine has happened so quickly really, I still feel a bit in shock today.  Good luck to others too, just tell the truth and remember to describe how you feel more so than what is wrong with you, which is what I did. 
  • JulieTuesday
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Jennie, just to say my brown envelope came this morning, dreading it, it wasn't to tell me about they have all the information but to say I had been awarded Pip on both at the lower level, same as on DLA so no change but better off than on DLA. So although a very stressful process and i felt i completely messed it up as i rambled on and on, but the lady who came out to me was on the ball as she had marked me down very accurately in all descriptors. It must be a stressful job for her and not one I'd like to do. I am pleased and am happy to get that. I wish you much luck Julie mine has happened so quickly really, I still feel a bit in shock today.  Good luck to others too, just tell the truth and remember to describe how you feel more so than what is wrong with you, which is what I did. 

So shocked i edited to say it should read Jennie.
  • jenniej
    Options
    Congrats Julie I glad it went your way I am still waiting for mine will let you know what the outcome is
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    yes, well done Julie!
    On the countdown for my f2f on Thursday. At least it is  at home.
    Love to all going through this and worse.
    xxxxx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @JulieTuesday, thank you for letting us know!

I hope your f2f goes well on Thursday @pollyanna1052!
    Scope

• jenniej
    Options
    Hi all I am a little worried I had my f2f on 25 July and then received a letter saying that they had now recieved all the information they needed that was on 24 august  does anybody know what happens next as I have read on the forum that people who had their f2f after mine have already had their decisions thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    jenniej said:
    Hi all I am a little worried I had my f2f on 25 July and then received a letter saying that they had now recieved all the information they needed that was on 24 august  does anybody know what happens next as I have read on the forum that people who had their f2f after mine have already had their decisions thank you
    The letter you received is just a standard letter sent to everyone, it doesn't mean a decision is about to be made. You could still be waiting 2-8 weeks sometimes longer for a decision. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed and you can't compare someone else to yourself.

Requesting a copy of the assessment report will give you some idea. Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jenniej
    Options
    Ty poppy for your comments
  • JulieTuesday
    Options
    My F2F was one week after yours. I live in Plymouth so Cornwall border. Maybe mine came back quick as no change on either component?  Hope you get an increase. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope your claim goes okay @jenniej! We are here if you need anything. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.