Not sure what to do next — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not sure what to do next

Options
ShaunRobert1234
ShaunRobert1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Did you acquire your impairment as an adult?.

Comments

• ShaunRobert1234
    ShaunRobert1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Developed IPF as a Adult in 2007. Had lung transplant in 2014.  Not a cure, many side effects of medication which I find hard to deal with. Had to give up work after managing to get back due to being off sick a lot.  Pick up aii the bugs.  Lost DLA, refused pip. Mental health not good, Struggle getting up stairs or carrying anything. Only real difference is I do not need Oxygen and can walk a little better, Also had Colitis from the age of 14 , Colon and large intestine taken out at 32,  Now have leakage from back passage, Always need to know where there is a loo.  Not even sure if I am registered disabled anymore since DLA . My kidneys are also failing along with a host of other problems. Not sure what to do next. In anger I have ODed on insulin once lucky for me I had used slow release and there was not a lot units in the file. right at that point I just picked up the first syringe and injected.  Pressure I do not seem to be able to handle anymore and have been informed Pressure is the last thing a transplant patient needs.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ShaunRobert1234,

I've moved your comment to a new thread. 

I really appreciate the offer to help with our new information product, but I think the best thing for you might be to give our helpline a call - 0808 800 3333 -to discuss the above. 

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ShaunRobert1234 I have colitis too and had my colon removed, when you say you have leakage I was just wondering, do you have an ostomy or an internal pouch? 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.