I get very little sleep — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I get very little sleep

Options
Lynne53
Lynne53 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ask a sleep expert.

Comments

• Lynne53
    Lynne53 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Maxine and Angie I have two sleep problems and between the I get very little sleep.  Was was diagnosed with REM sleep disorder about five yearscago and it's still bad I take 2mg Ropinerol twice a day. Also have  RLS which did not seen much till I got it.  My whole body, including my head has to move I take 2 Mg of.      Daily for this.  I also have IBS and this is worse at night.  I am a zombie during the daycare and I dread bedtime. I cannot go on like this for ever I am diabled so long walks are out

Thank you for you time, I'm right out of the age group but desperation means you'll try anything (I am 63)

Regards
    Lynne Ryan
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Our body clocks vary a lot.  I have found that rarely can I get off to sleep much before 12-30-1.00am.  I don't even try to go to sleep much before this.  I find reading can help induce sleep.  But I don't watch TV or listen to other sound media for at least 15 minutes before I decide to go to sleep as doing so can keep me awake longer.  I sleep quite well with this routine and usually wake up 8.30-9.00am.   

Avoid caffeine less than about 3.5-4.00 hours before usual sleep time; in my case 9pm is the deadline.

One or two mugs of thick hot chocolate late in the evening can help to induce sound sleep - although of course this may increase the number of times the individual has to get up in the night to go to the loo. Depends on the individual.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.