Assessment Provider Targets — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment Provider Targets

Options
wildlife
wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
Hello, My question is about targets that assessors are expected to meet. DWP claim that they do not give assessors any expected outcomes for placing people in either no PIP, the standard or the higher suggested category and yet X assessors have come out in the open to talk about results being pre set on a daily basis. Not as regards individuals by name but that they must place so many in each category mentioned above. Also that they must see so many people in a day even though DWP claim there is no time limit set for each assessment. Disabled people have a right to know how the system works in practice regardless of all the information available saying how it's supposed to work especially when their experiences are nothing like the promises made by DWP, ATOS or CAPITA. So do any of you know if targets are being set and if so who is setting these targets and where do share holders fit in to this? 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Wildlife

The government has always been quite clear in its view that there are no targets for decision makers when making decisions on PIP.

However, you might like to make a Freedom of Information request which you can do via the WhatDoTheyKnow website here. You can also browse previous requests.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank-you David, I'll have a look. I've already asked ATOS as part of a complaint what qualifications my assessor had. I hope this comes under Freedom of Info. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.