Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Motorbike and quad riding for 11-25 year olds.
Hi all, I commented a couple of months ago about this subject. I have since sourced funding for two quads and one small motorbike, to be adapted for disabled use. I should take delivery of them in approx.10 weeks.
This project will be run alongside an existing charity (Gauntlet Auto Project), based in Ramsey, Cambridgeshire, using their facilities.The machines will be speed restricted and have additional stabilising equipment fitted plus other safety features.
Your input regarding how best to survey the different disabilities, that could use this project, would be much appreciated. I would also be very interested in any comments, ideas, thoughts or criticisms, to help make this venture a success for disabled youngsters.
Thank you. Roger.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments