Have you had a successful PIP appeal? We need your tips

123457»

Comments

• hel
    hel Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    We no longer have to go to appeal. I had a phone call from the DWP yesterday to say that the decision maker preparing their case had changed the award from standard Daily Living and no Getting Around for 2 years to an ongoing award of Standard Daily Living and Enhanced Moving Around. That's the same as DLA. He now scores 12 points rather than 4 for mobility and has been upped to 11 points for care. We'll look at care again when we have more evidence.
  • vollante
    vollante Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Kaz1957 said:
    My husband won his pip tribunal on the 2nd of August and yesterday we phoned to find out we're his back dated money is was told dwp are waiting the 28 days then we need to phone back my point is he said they is a back log which I think means a lot of people are wining at the tribunal which makes atos and capita total liars as they lied at my husband assessment said he could walk more than 200 meters to which the letter from the hospital said other wise they all need sacking or taking to court and then struck off x as none of them are doctors either paramedic or physiotherapy 

My Daughter had an Occupational therapist on her preview assessment. When reading her report it was obvious that she concentrated on what she was able to do and elaborated her veiws on the replies my Daughter gave. We went to tribunal after being turned down at mandatory reconsideration. We won and her 0 points were then reinstated to the 28 points she had. She has lifelong medical and mobility issues that will get worse as she gets older. I couldn't believe that an OCC health practioner  gave the report she did. On our appeal I went through ever descriptor and pointed out where the report was not a correct statement of my daughters relpies. no account was taken into consideration that my daughter also has learning difficulties so questions were not put to her in an appropriate manner for her to understand. I was told NOT to answer for her. Glad your appeal was successful.

• brentus
    brentus Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Well,following my previous posts,i lost my tribunal. It was laughable the letter but not a lot i can do,they basically discredited my GPs letter,ignored the vast  amounts of medication im on, didnt believe anying id wrote basically including my past surgeries and long medical history. They did however believe the 20 min assessment by Atos,even though i had proved she had ignored or not believed parts of my testimony based on her personal opinion rather than evidence and it took a letter from my GP to prove i needed the crutches id been on for 5 years when she had said i chose to use them rather than needed them. Took 12 months of messing about to get to their decision,thats more than enough,and will be pointless after next month as once i have my implant procedure i will be able to walk 200 metres or yards or miles or whatever its based on using only a stick. Dont think i want to contact the DWP again now unless its to come off disability.Jokers ?
  • janeytj
    janeytj Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi my daughter has just been refused PIP she suffers from epilepsy and fibromyalgia the assessor says she scored 0 points on all fronts
    Her epilepsy is medication controlled but she still has seizures in the night
    Her fibromyalgia causes her daily pain and on flare up days she cannot move at all and has to be carried around by us her parents walking is out of the question and this can last up to a week when it is bad the pain is constant but the DWP says she has no right to PIP although her epilepsy alone got  her DLA!!
    Any advice on an appeal winner
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,592 Championing
    PIP is awarded for how conditions affect daily living and mobility, not for the conditions themselves.   The disabilities have to fit certain descriptors.  Take a look at the list of descriptors on the Disability Rights UK website.  They also have a section on PIP appeals.  Before you can appeal you have to ask DWP for a mandatory reconsideration (MR).

advice now.org.uk/pip-tool

will generate an MR request letter.

Local authority welfare rights might be able to help.

Only 20% of MRs succeed but 73% of tribunal appeals do.

People have gone from 0 points to standard, or even enhanced, both components!

Good luck!