If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.
Disabled people 'left behind in society', report finds
Some awful stats from EHRC:
Read the full story on BBC News
- Across the UK, 18.4% of disabled people aged 16-64 were considered to be in food poverty compared with 7.5% of non-disabled people
- Disabled people over the age of 65 were twice as likely as non-disabled people in the same age group to be in food poverty
- Disabled people face problems in finding adequate housing, due to a shortage in accessible housing across Britain
- Disabled people were less likely to own their own home.
- Disabled young people (aged 16-24) and disabled women had the lowest median hourly earnings
- Families in the UK with a disabled member were more likely to live in relative poverty than non-disabled families.