Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is julieb!
My name is julie I am a nurse and struggle at work everyday , I can only work part time because of my problems which are chronic back pain due to osteoarthritis and an intramedullary cavernous I have also had an ld breast reconstruction due to breast cancer. I am on morphine and other analgesia, I was previously on dla but got turned down the last time I applied and told that I had claimed fraudulently, there was an enquiry which was unfounded, but I still have to work to live .not all days are the same I do have good days and good periods on some days but it's still stressful.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.