Introducing Mike, one of our new community interns
Hi. I’m Mike Broderick. I am one of the new Online Community Interns here at Scope.
I’m passionate about helping people and, when I saw the opportunity to work with and assist other disabled people, I just had to apply.
I have a wide-ranging professional background including being a self-employed Voice-over Artist, many years in local government Economic Development, and experience in disability services and education.
I also once lived and worked for two years in Sri Lanka where I taught English as a Second Language as a Volunteer for the U.S. Peace Corps.
I have CP (lifelong crutch user), am a sports fanatic (all the Boston teams and Tottenham Hotspur), and love the movies, crime novels, and the martial arts.
Originally from the USA, I live on a small island with my wife and our Tibetan Terrier.
I look forward to meeting you!
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments