Hi, my name is pjenn14 (Jenn)! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is pjenn14 (Jenn)!

Options
pjenn14
pjenn14 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
I will be starting a PhD this October through London College of Fashion at the Global Disability Innovation Hub to promote more inclusive high-performance sportswear design. I aim to create a framework for design collaboration between apparel designers, biomechanics researchers, and users with a disability who experience barriers in shopping for suitable commercial sportswear.

I am fashion design trained and worked in sportswear for many years. I suffered a traumatic injury a few years ago which left me with 3 compressed vertebrae and a lower back fusion. This has drastically altered my view of how the fashion industry deals with (or doesn't deal with) holistic body function and addresses individual body variations/needs of users.

Please say Hello if you'd like to chat!

Jenn

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.