Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
I'm thinking of getting a wheelchair, but my 13yo says she's appalled at the idea. Help?
Hi new to this kind off thing so please be patient,having just got back from a family holiday to Tenerife after finding it very hilly I decided to hire a mobility scooter as even on a flat surface walking is limited,what a difference it made I could join in on walks go out on my own saved my a lot of pain,im thinking of investing in one for home but I mentioned it to my 13yo she was appalled at the idea as she said it was embarrassing for her and would get the micky taken out of her,she is normally very supportive of me and understands my needs but this is something that i could really need any suggestions would be appreciated as I know how others especially children can effect each other,how have others handled all this many thanks.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.