Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Pip managing therapy descriptor
My wife is waiting for the pip2 form to arrive. She is currently on DLA but has had the letter & made the phone call to claim PIP. I take her a walk everyday for over an hour. She was advised years ago by her physio at the time that a walk everyday would help her mobility. She had a stroke in 2009. Can we class this walking as therapy ? If she doesn’t go a walk she is in more pain than if she does. After the walk she is tired out for a few hours. The walk that takes an hour I can do myself in about 15 minutes. Also she does not go out alone & always has someone with her. On the occasions when she has had a fall she needs help to get up again. She is unable to get up by herself. Thanks for any advise.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.