Hi, my name is frogfreak! — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is frogfreak!

frogfreak Member Posts: 2 Listener
Weird this popping up right now! Five minutes ago i was thinking 'who can i contact for help? What options do i have?'
So...im a selfemployed single mum of a 7 yr old child with DS and im running into financial difficulty! My work means i have a hugely reduced income from this month for the next few (weather dependant), but i always have a stash of cash built up to see me through. This has been a really **** year due to major staffing issues and a really bad accountant and not only do i have absolutely no money left, i am beginning to accumulate debt. Trying to keep my business alive i have been emptying my personal accounts. We have been living with no heating for a month now (house at 7 to 13 degrees) cos i cant afford to buy oil. Rent due yesterday and i only have £100. HMRC are after £400 cos of the rubbish accountant. Im due a supplier £200. Is there anywhere i can go for temporary help? Even a small unsecured loan (i cant get credit)?



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.