PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
nikkxx
nikkxx Community member Posts: 2 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: PIP assessments - has anyone felt really stressed?.

Comments

• nikkxx
    nikkxx Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    HI i'm Nikk and new here....i'm too frightened to fill in the PIP form and i haven't even received it yet the phone call was confusing enough this morning i kept saying i don't get what you mean ! i have epilepsy and diabetes can walk and do most of everything on good days but i am a danger to myself as i am a violent epileptic...what am i filling in....i read so many things online....everything says fill it in about how your illness effects you....on the days that i'm normal or the days that i have my daughter around the throat and up a wall or trying to hit my husband in bed and cant be trusted to cook food because i fall...it sounds dramatic but its normal in this household and we've learned to live with it but how do i fill in a form that says can you walk 20 mts or more/less when i can sometimes/somedays/or i'm alseep all day on others...Sorry if i've posted in the wrong area i don't normally do this kind of thing either.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nikkxx, welcome to the community and thank you for your message: I've moved it into a category of its own so others have a better chance of seeing it. 

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so uncertain about the PIP process. There's a useful breakdown of the PIP process on Scope's website, and there are also lots of members and advisors who will be happy to try and help you out along the way. I think the usual recommendation for those with fluctuating conditions is to fill out the form as if it was one of your worse days, rather than one of your better ones.

Why don't you have a go at filling out the form when you're feeling up to it, and if you come across anything you're unsure about, ask on here and we'll do our best to support you. How does that sound?
  • BigBriUK
    BigBriUK Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi Nikki I was stressed and worried before I filled my forms in I ended up going to the CAB for help they where great and gave me encouragement they filled the form for me and also added a few things that I on my own would not have put down...I ended up getting a home assessment which when I knew I would be getting this it stressed me out as i had heard so much about the people doing the assessments etc but it turned out not to be as bad as i was expecting. I Ended up getting the High rate of mobility pip which I was afraid I would lose. I also got the lower care compound of PIP which was a bonus as i had never had this allowance before. So my advice would be to take the form as soon as you receive it to some one like CAB or another help agency as they are use to these forms and know what wording to put etc. Also remember that you have a chance to appeal again CAB will help you with this I would also advise you to get a supporting letter form your GP or Surgeon or any medical or carers also your MP is someone you could ask to give you a supporting letter. Hope this gives you more encouragement.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi nikxx and welcome

There was a tribunal decision in march with regard to people in your situation and the government are in the process of making changes

This is from DNS

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/concern-over-governments-four-year-delay-on-pip-safety/

It is a good idea to get help fro, CAB or similar as you will need to make your case on the grounds of saety and reliability

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.