Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Enhanced Rate of ESA for capital reduction.
I have just rang the DWP to see where todays benefit payment is. The person started to go on about letters about my capital telling me if it had dropped below £6,000 I would be entitled to an enhanced payment. I supposed to have been receiving letters about it. I am claiming contributory ESA & am in the Support Group. She suggested I look at my capital & write to them with statements etc. She eventually got around to looking at my missing payment & could not see why I was not paid. She eventually did something on her computer & apparently the payment should eventually be paid sometime today. I have never heard of this enhanced rate.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.