Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is RitaEliza!
Hi, I'm disabled, I have angina, arthritis in the bottom of my back.my husband is 71 years old and I'm 68. We moved into a cançul bungalow a few years ago. My husband does not like gardening, I always did the gardening. So we had the garden paved and have a lot big pots. Got two single bed put them togethe. As I was unable at times to sit up, the bed helps me to sit up so my husband does not have to pull me up. This as helped us both my arms when pulling me up and his back. I have electric wheelchair, which Use when my back is very bad. However I do walk with a walking stick when I can. So we have done as much as we can, we had a OT come out to see if they can help in any way. I ask if we could have our kitchen done to suite our needs. 1) to have one of those units put in so we can buy a oven to put into it. 2) a work top that I can put my legs under when I set down. OT phoned us up, we was turned down. We got a lot of things to help our shelves so we now can't afford to do this ourselves. I like to be able to start baking again, bendingmup and down is to much for me. My husband does a lot already, so I don't make cakes a thing I enjoyed doing. Is there anything I can get help with this. thank you.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.