Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Looking to meet new friends
I have already met some lovely people via my mum joining the forum, but it would be great to meet some people near me. I live in Norfolk. I am a 20 year old girl and I have cerebral palsy. I am in a wheelchair but my learning disabilities are fairly mild. I have always attended mainstream education with support. I value all friendship but I would love to meet someone similar to me who totally understood my frustrations etc. A lot of activities/clubs here are geared towards people with learning disabilities, which is lovely for those who enjoy them, but I quite often feel lonely and isolated because my limitations are more physical. I would love a nearby friend who I could relate to and vice versa.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.