Help for adults — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help for adults

Khwai
Khwai Community member Posts: 1 Listener
why is everything for children, I know from personal experience there is very little help for single  younger than 65 disabled women... everywhere I turn there just doesn’t seem to be any support especially at times like christmas

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Khwai I know the feeling it is not only single women under 65 who are disabled.  It is single men as well who need support.  I understand your situation as well.  I am in early fifties and now need to find some support ongoing health and disability.  Had three years with mental health charity now told last month that tenure is up.  I understand it is part of a lot of charities to limited time with them.  As I am getting older it trying to replace that support and I will have to look around.  I wish you the best in finding support and help.  Being part of this forum helps and community. 
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Khwai, and welcome to the community! I hope you find our online forum to be supportive and inclusive for all: as you say, this time of year can be particularly difficult for people. Feel free to join in our recent discussions, and just let us know if there's anything we can assist you with. 
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    I know what you mean. I was diagnosed with Autism as an adult. (I was born in 1989; so unlike those born in the 2000s, I wouldn't have been diagnosed as a child if my parents had tried to seek a diagnosis when I was younger) I asked for support and was pretty much told no because I should have adapted to it now. Adapted to what, exactly? Being taken advantage of by so called friends? Not being able to deal with everyday things such as crowds?

It;s the same with my hearing and vision. There's no support for younger adults. I hear stories of parents moaning about having to wait for support. But at least their child is getting support. I had to beg to even get mobility training. And that was poor.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.