Applying for PIP with CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for PIP with CP

Options
AShortt
AShortt Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I am about to start my PIP application after being on Enhanced Rate DLA (indefinitely) for the last 15 years.  I am finding the whole process both frustrating and upsetting!  I have CP affecting my legs.  I am mobile but it is not with discomfort and I find it offensive that some pen-pushers can potentially decide whether I am 'worthy' of receiving DLA.  I have always been brought up to be as independent as possible so do not find it easy to ask for help, but at the same time I am getting older and my body and joints are aching more than ever, so why should I feel bad about applying for PIP, but I do! Any advice?

Thanks!

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.