Regulators face possible action over failure to discipline lying PIP assessors — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Regulators face possible action over failure to discipline lying PIP assessors

Geoark
Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger

The body that oversees the UK’s health and care regulators is considering taking action over their failure to punish nurses, paramedics and physiotherapists who write dishonest benefit assessment reports.

The Professional Standards Authority (PSA) is to look next month at whether it should examine the failings of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).

PSA, which is accountable to parliament, is responsible for overseeing nine UK healthcare regulators, including HCPC and NMC.

It has confirmed that it will be looking at the work of NMC and HCPC after being contacted by disabled activist Mark Lucas, who has twice appealed successfully against the results of what he believes were dishonest personal independence payment (PIP) assessments.

Source: https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/regulators-face-possible-action-over-failure-to-discipline-lying-pip-assessors/

As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.