Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Smally!
I have a whole raft of invisible disabilities; Narrow Angle Glaucoma, Dysphagia, Barrett's Oesophagus, used to have severe acid reflux which they tried to fix with Nissen Fundoplication (x2), Fibromyalgia, previous SVT now Tachycardia, Osteoarthritis, Plantar Fasciitis, Fallen Arch, recent Sleep Study shows Periodic Limb Movement Disorder and currently being investigated for Colorectal Cancer (although GP thinks it is actually Colitis or similar). Am 51 but feel at least 90 most days! Also caring for my Mum when I can! Got a PiP Assessment later so cannot sleep...
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.