Hi, my name is Smally!
I have a whole raft of invisible disabilities; Narrow Angle Glaucoma, Dysphagia, Barrett's Oesophagus, used to have severe acid reflux which they tried to fix with Nissen Fundoplication (x2), Fibromyalgia, previous SVT now Tachycardia, Osteoarthritis, Plantar Fasciitis, Fallen Arch, recent Sleep Study shows Periodic Limb Movement Disorder and currently being investigated for Colorectal Cancer (although GP thinks it is actually Colitis or similar). Am 51 but feel at least 90 most days! Also caring for my Mum when I can! Got a PiP Assessment later so cannot sleep...
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 706 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.