Hi, my name is Smally! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Smally!

Options
Smally
Smally Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have a whole raft of invisible disabilities; Narrow Angle Glaucoma, Dysphagia, Barrett's Oesophagus, used to have severe acid reflux which they tried to fix with Nissen Fundoplication (x2), Fibromyalgia, previous SVT now Tachycardia, Osteoarthritis, Plantar Fasciitis, Fallen Arch, recent Sleep Study shows Periodic Limb Movement Disorder and currently being investigated for Colorectal Cancer (although GP thinks it is actually Colitis or similar). Am 51 but feel at least 90 most days! Also caring for my Mum when I can! Got a PiP Assessment later so cannot sleep...

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi @Smally

Welcome to the community :) How did the assessment go?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Smally
    Smally Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Sam_Scope

Thank you for the welcome! Think the assessment went ok thanks, but you never can tell. The Assessor seemed ok but in my experience they are the ones to be wary of.

No idea how long it will take to get the decision but at least there was an Assessor there this time - my original appointment was on 15 December. Took 1.5 hours & 3 buses to get there, only to be told that the Assessor had not come back from lunch as they had gone home 'sick' and there was nobody else there who could see me that day so it was rescheduled to 04/01. I was gobsmacked to say the least! :o:o:o

How are you doing?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oh my goodness! That is terrible,.Im not sure if you are aware, but you can claim back your travel costs to and from your assessment.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.